Supported Apartment Program (SAP).
Supported apartment living in the Appleton community assists residents to maintain independent community living to the resident’s fullest potential. The Supported Apartment Program serves adult men diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness, developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury, and substance abuse.
A full range of supportive services are provided, including:
- Access to a nutritional meal program, supervised by a full-time professional cook, located in the CBRF. The food service program includes diabetic meal planning, 3 nutritionally balanced meals per day, and healthy snack choices.
- diabetic meal plans,
- fully stocked food pantry, including dry goods, household products, dairy and frozen foods. This is augmented by a $17.00 per week grocery stipend that residents can spend on one of many scheduled grocery shopping trips per week.
- activity program, two preplanned activities per day, seven days per week, developed by the Activity Coordinator. Each resident is interviewed and assessed for areas or interest and skill. Activities are planned to accommodate all residents and include both indoor and outdoor community activities. An Activity budget helps residents who cannot afford the cost of various activities.
- medication supervision, by skilled and trained staff under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- care coordination: each resident has a care coordinator to help schedule and facilitate coordination of needed services with social workers, case managers, medical, dental and psychiatric providers, and family members.
- transportation to medical, dental, vocational and community activities.
- Basic Living Skills classes: Independent living skills such as budgeting, cooking, vocational and socialization skills, grooming and hygiene, use of power tools, bicycle safety, lawn care, snow removal, use of public transportation and laundry care are taught/supported.
- Spiritual, residents are transported to weekly worship of their choice, and weekly Bible-study groups on-site.
- General housekeeping services are provided to assist those in need.
Residents are referred from all across the State of Wisconsin, primarily from Northeast Wisconsin. The Supported Apartment Program consists of 8 homes in Appleton converted to upper/lower apartments, each having one to two bedrooms per flat. Each unit consists of a private bedroom, and shared living room, kitchen, and bathroom, and laundry facilities.